WELCOME TO HOWARD
Welcome to Howard Elementary School
Howard Elementary is located in the southeast section of Fremont, Nebraska. We serve approximately 275-300 students Pre-K through Fourth Grade. In addition to classroom instruction, specialists provide students with education in the content areas of Art, Media, Music and Physical Education. We are a certified Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBiS) school and support proactive strategies for teaching appropriate student behaviors to create a positive school environment. Howard Elementary is proud to offer all Special Education programs including Resource Services, Speech and Basic Skills. We also offer enrichment opportunities, counseling services, reading specialist, and is a Title I facility.
The Howard Elementary PTA is a strong and involved parent group. The Howard PTA will sponsor events throughout the school year to support our Howard Elementary School mission. We encourage all our Howard Parents to get involved in our Howard PTA.
Helping Others Work Achieve Relate & Dream
- We will create a supportive environment for personal, social, and academic growth for students and staff.
- We will respect & celebrate individual achievements and differences.
- We will collaborate with all stakeholders.
8:00 AM – 3:20 PM
Arrival and Dismissal
Student Safety is important to everyone at Howard.
Please observe the following guidelines:
- Do Not pull into the Parking Lot to drop off or pick up students
- Drop off students on the “school side” of the street
- Observe all curb markings, personal residential driveways, signs and No Parking signs
- Stop at all designated crosswalk areas when students are waiting to use the crosswalk
- Circle Drive is for Buses Only – there is no parking or waiting for students in the circle drive
7:30-7:50 Breakfast *Must enter from the North Doors by the Office
7:30-7:45 Walking Club (playground or gym)
7:45-7:55 Hallway supervision
8:00 Tardy Bell *Students must check in at the office if arriving after 8:00
After School Program
21st Century Community Learning Center is an after school program for students. The mission of the after school program is to provide youth the opportunity to develop intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically. The hours of operation are: 3:20 – 6:00 The Howard Afterschool Program is run in cooperation with the Fremont YMCA. Please contact the Fremont YMCA for information.
Before School Program
Fremont YMCA offers a before school program at Howard Elementary 6:00-7:30. Please contact the Fremont YMCA for information.
Lunch Prices: Grades K-4 $2.00
Adult Price: $3.75
Parents or visitors wishing to have lunch with a student must make prior arrangements with the office
The main entrance for Howard is located on the north side of the building on 3rd Street. All guests and visitors must enter through these doors and check in at the office.
- All visitors are required to Sign In and Out. Only with special permission from the office and with prior arrangements with classroom teachers are parents or visitors allowed to visit the classrooms. We encourage volunteering and involvement but it must not interfere with the educational process.
Please contact the Howard Elementary School Office at 402-727-3169 or email me at email@example.com with any questions or concerns. We look forward to an outstanding, successful Howard Hawk school year!