Health and Dental Insurance Information (2021/2022) - Alternative Network Information Here!

Beginning September 1, 2021, FPS will offer alternative networks as part of the health insurance package available to employees. Review these resources to help understand the networks, the benefits of enrolling in an alternate network, rates, and to find out if your healthcare provider is in-network!

A Conversation with Greg Long, your EHA rep, about alternative networks (video)

Find a Doctor!
To search for a physician or office, click on ‘Choose a Location’. You will then be able to search by doctor name, specialty, places by name or by type. Once a health care provider is found, you will see a link to the right of their contact information stating how many networks are accepted at this location. Click here to see what Networks your provider is a member of. It is not uncommon to see a provider in multiple networks, and it’s possible they are in both the Blueprint Health and Premier Select BlueChoice networks.

Certified Staff – Rate Sheet

Benefit Summary for PPO Health Coverage – Alternate Networks – Option 1

Alternate Network Plans

Guide to Dental Plan, Option 2

Guide to Dental Plan, Option 3

COVID-19 - I'm showing symptoms or have been exposed. What should I do?

Please visit: COVID-19 Staff Information and Protocols

Accident/Work Injuries

Already report your injury and Need a Form 50? Find one Here!

Injured at Work? FPS has a 24-hour Injury Hotline Number to call!
Call 1-855-675-3501

Our injury hotline can connect you to a nurse who can immediately assess your injury and recommend the best course of action, whether that is home care or directing you to a qualified healthcare provider.

Who Does This Apply To?

  • All Employees– This is all people who are paid by Fremont Public Schools including classified and certified staff, administrators, supervisors, substitutes, interpreters, translators, and anyone who may work outside of a District building.
  • This does NOT apply to students or guests of the District

How Will It Work?

For Serious Injuries:

  • If serious enough to require immediate medical assistance – do not call the injury hotline first; seek treatment
  • Notify your Administrator/Supervisor
  • Call when safe to do so (we recommend to include an Administrator/Supervisor on the call if they are available)

For Non-Serious Injuries

  • Make Administrator/Supervisor aware
  • Call same day or within 24 hours
  • FPS highly recommends including your Administrator/Supervisor on the call if at all possible
  • If pain/injury becomes apparent at a later time, reporting the injury at that time is appropriate and encouraged
  • If questioning whether or not to call — please call and report.

What to Expect When You Call

  • The average call time is approximately 15 minutes.
  • You will be given a REFERENCE NUMBER at the time of the call

Beneficiary Changes - Forms

If changing beneficiaries, please send all forms to the HR office. Do not send them directly to the financial institution.

NPERS Beneficiary Form (retirement)

Met Life Beneficiary Change Form (Basic Life Insurance and Long Term Disability)

Lincoln Financial Beneficiary Change Form (Voluntary Life Insurance)


Blue Cross Blue Shield: Fremont Public Schools offers health and dental insurance plans to eligible employees. Open Enrollment for all health and dental benefits is in August of each year. This period allows employees to enroll in or change current benefit options for the following year. Plan participants also have an open enrollment window each December that allows them to change deductibles. If you have a Familial Status Change (e.g. marriage, birth or adoption of a child, divorce, loss of coverage, etc.) you may qualify for a special enrollment period. Contact the Human Resources office with any questions. BCBS has an online portal available to members. To access BCBS myblue online, visit If you wish to cancel your insurance, you’ll need to complete a cancellation form (located in the Document Library) and send it to Human Resources. Coverage can be cancelled at any time.

Health Savings Account (HSA): A Health Savings Account (HSA) is a tax-exempt trust or custodial account you set up with a qualified HSA trustee to pay or reimburse certain medical expenses you incur. You must be an eligible individual to qualify for an HSA. No permission or authorization from the IRS is necessary to establish an HSA (IRS Publication 969). FPS partners with Fremont National Bank (FNB) to manage this option for our employees. If you enroll in the high-deductible, HSA-eligible health insurance plan, you may be eligible for an HSA. Please contact a FNB personal banker to discuss why an HSA may be a good choice for you.

Met Life Insurance: All certified employees (regardless of BCBS enrollment) and eligible classified employees are provided a $10,000 life insurance policy through Met Life at no charge to the employee.

Short Term Disability Insurance: The district works with outside providers to offer employees short term disability plans to purchase. What is short term disability insurance? Short Term Disability insurance pays a percentage of your salary if you become temporarily disabled or unable to work for a short period of time due to sickness, injury, or childbirth. (This excludes on-the-job injuries, which are covered by workers compensation insurance.)

Long Term Disability Insurance: All certified employees and eligible classified employees qualify for a long term disability policy through Met Life.  LTD is an insurance policy that covers a portion of an employee’s income if the employee has become injured or seriously ill. The Met Life policy FPS offers has a 90 day elimination period.

Retirement: Employees who work twenty or more hours per week are automatically members of NPERS (Nebraska Public Employees Retirement System). A state-mandated percentage is deducted from each check to contribute to the defined benefit plan.

Travelers Identity Fraud: Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the country today. The FPS District has purchased an Identity Fraud Expense Reimbursement policy from Travelers Bond & Financial Products in order to provide you, your spouse, qualified domestic partner, children under 18, and parents with this valuable coverage. The coverage limit is $10,000 and can help identity theft victims with expenses related to lost wages and other fees related to identity theft.

Flexible Spending Accounts: A flexible spending account (FSA) is a special account you put money into that you use to pay for certain out-of-pocket health or dependent care costs. You don’t pay taxes on this money. You will need complete an online enrollment by the August deadling each year if you want to participate. Information is shared during open enrollment about the health and dependent care plans.

Colonial Cancer Insurance: Colonial Life offers a cancer coverage insurance plan that can provide assistance with expenses related to a cancer diagnosis. Eligible employees may enroll each year during open enrollment.

AFLAC: FPS works with AFLAC to offer pre-tax, voluntary benefits to our employees. Several plans are offered such as Cancer, Hospitalization, Accident Insurance policies, and more. Employees may enroll during open enrollment every fall.

Vision Insurance: Employees who work twenty or more hours a week are eligible to enroll in the VSP Vision Insurance plan during open enrollment or at the time of their hire.

YMCA Payroll Deduction: You may have your YMCA membership fees set up as a payroll deduction or bank withdrawal. The YMCA waives the registration fee for all FPS employees, so be sure to let them know you’re a Tiger!

Certified Employee Salary Advancement

Certified staff: If you have taken graduate courses and want them applied to your salary placement, all official transcripts must be received in the HR office no later than the first Friday in September. Unofficial transcripts and grade slips may be accepted if the course was taken later in the year and transcript is not available yet.

See the Certified Employee Handbook and the Negotiated Agreement regarding salary advancement. Continuing education must be:

  • Graduate level coursework
  • Related to the field of education or an endorsement area
  • From an accredited institution for higher learning

District Holidays

Twelve-month employees that work an average of 35 hours per week and work (or take vacation) the regular working day before and the regular working day after the holiday will receive pay for the following holidays:

New Year’s Day
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
President’s Day
Memorial Day
Fourth of July
Labor Day
Thanksgiving Day
Day after Thanksgiving
Christmas Eve Day
Christmas Day

10 1/2 month office associates will receive pay for the following holidays only:

Martin Luther King Jr. Day
President’s Day
Memorial Day
Labor Day
Day after Thanksgiving

Employee Assistance Program

MetLife Employee Assistance Program – Available for all certified staff, 12 month classified staff, and 10.5 month classified staff.

Lincoln Financial Group – The resources below are available to staff members who are enrolled in the voluntary life insurance through Lincoln Financial Group.

Online Will Preparation

Travel Support

LifeKeys Flier

MetLife – The resources below are available for all staff.

Dignity Funeral Planning

Grief Counseling

Wills Center

Family Changes (Marriage, Divorce, Childbirth, Adoption, Custody Arrangements, Death, etc.)

If your family has changed you may need to update your paperwork with the HR office. Family changes may result in the following:

  • Special enrollment period for health/dental insurance to change coverage or dependents
  • Changing beneficiaries on insurance policies
  • Name Changes
  • Banking Changes
  • Tax Changes

See the HR Information Library for name change forms, beneficiary change forms, or insurance information. Please also contact the HR office so we can be sure you have everything you need.


Employees who work at least 1250 hours in the 12 months prior to a qualifying absence may be eligible for FMLA. If you question your eligibility, please call HR at 402-727-3016. If you know you are eligible or have been directed here by HR, please complete the application below and HR will contact you as soon as possible with further information.

FMLA Leave Application

If you have been out for 3 or more consecutive days for an illness that you think might qualify for FMLA, please contact the Human Resources office. The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a federal law that guarantees eligible employees up to 12 work weeks of unpaid leave each year with no threat of job loss.

Read the District’s policy on FMLA here (pages 115-121).

Contact the HR office with questions regarding leave. If you know you will be out for a reason you think may qualify for FMLA, contact us right away. It is best to complete all paperwork prior to your absence whenever possible.

Grievance Procedure

The FPS grievance procedure is explained in detail in the employee handbooks which can be found in the Form & Document Library. Please review your handbook and reach out to the HR office with any additional questions or concerns.

Health Insurance Forms

Our benefits are subject to open enrollment guidelines and are not available to enroll in at all times. If you qualify for a special enrollment period or wish to cancel certain benefits, some of those forms can be found here. If it is not open enrollment, contact HR to discuss your benefit options.

BCBS Cancellation Form

BCBS Enrollment Form

Certified Election/Declination Form 21/22

Classified Election/Declination Form 21/22

MetLife Enrollment Form (if classified staff, newly enrolling in BCBS insurance)

Health and Dental Insurance Information (Through August 2021)

Name Change - Forms

You must present your new social security card to the HR office, in person, prior to changing your name anywhere in the district. All documents sent to the district offices must have your legal name on them. We don’t know nicknames or other names you might go by. Please help us out.

When changing your name, you will need to complete some or all of the forms below. Call HR at 727-3016 to make an appointment and if you’d like to save time, feel free to print and fill out the following forms prior to your appointment.

Nebraska W-4

Optional Depending Upon Circumstances:
Direct Deposit
Blue Cross Name Change Form
Met Life Change Form
Lincoln Financial (Voluntary Life Insurance) Name Change Form

Nebraska Public Employees Retirement System

All employees working twenty or more hours a week are required to contribute to the Nebraska Public Employees Retirement System (NPERS). For more information on NPERS, visit the NPERS Website. 

The District encourages all participants to understand their retirement benefits by attending workshops that are held periodically each year. Notices will be sent to all employees when those workshops are scheduled.

If you are nearing retirement, please contact NPERS with questions regarding your benefit.


The Payroll office is a subsection of the FPS Business Office and can be reached at 727-3010.

The District pay period runs from the 1st-end of every month with payday on the 20th of the following month. In the event that the 20th falls on a holiday or weekend, employees will be paid the nearest prior business day.

See the HR Documents Library for Payroll forms such as the direct deposit form and a link to the current W-4.

Time sheets may be obtained from the administrative office at each building or from the payroll office.

Direct Deposit Form

W-4 Form (Federal)

W-4N Form (Nebraska)


If you have decided to leave the district, you are required to fill out two forms.

Classified Employees
1. Complete the Separation Notice and give to your immediate supervisor.
2. Complete the NPERS School Plan Member – Certification Form and send to NPERS via the fax number listed on the top of the form.
3. Access information here regarding leaving the Nebraska Public Employees Retirement System and what to do next.

Certified Employees
1. Please write a letter of resignation and give it to your administrator.
2. Complete the NPERS School Plan Member – Certification Form and send to NPERS via the fax number listed on the top of the form.
3. Access information here regarding leaving the Nebraska Public Employees Retirement System and what to do next.

Substitute Lists (Accessible to Designated Staff Only)

Classified Substitute List – To obtain access to this list, contact the Human Resources office at or 727-3016.

Building Phone List for Substitute Teachers and Paras – Attention substitutes! Access this link for a comprehensive listing of all phone numbers for the school offices as well as a message from HR!

Teaching Certification

All teachers are required to have a current teaching permit on file in the HR office by August 31st each year (earlier if possible). Teachers are not allowed to teach without a current permit. When you receive your updated certificate, please send a copy (both pages) to the HR office. We do our best to notify teachers when a certificate is about to expire. However, it is the teacher’s responsibility to ensure their certificate is always current.

*Please be sure you have your own copy of your certificate prior to sending to the HR office

Translators & Interpreters List (Accessible to Designated Staff Only)

Translator & Interpreter List – To obtain access to this list, contact the Human Resources office at or 727-3016.

Updating Information with HR

It’s important the HR office is aware of changes in your contact information. This affects notifications for inclement weather, where tax documents are sent, and more. Please inform the HR office of any of the following personal changes:

  • Name Change
  • Address Change
  • Phone Number Change
  • Emergency Contact Change
  • Marital Status Change

Vision Insurance Plan Summary

Fremont Public Schools offers vision insurance through VSP. VSP does not send cards and instead works directly with their providers. Visit to create your account and access information about coverage and in-network providers near you!

Vision Plan Summary, 2020-21

Vision Plan Summary, 2021-2022

Vision Enrollment Form

Our Employees Are Our Most Valued Resource.

If you would like to review the District’s Statement of NonDiscrimination, please visit the FPS Statement of NonDiscrimination.