Fremont, Neb. – (Jan. 4, 2021) Fremont High School is releasing updated protocol for activities for the winter and the precautionary steps that are being taken to ensure the safety of all involved. These changes are in reference to guidance from the Nebraska State Activities Association (NSAA).
The updated protocol for all sports will be as follows:
- FOUR family members per participant are allowed to attend (this includes cheer and dance team members performing at the event) at the following events: basketball games, wrestling duals/triangulars and swimming duals.
- TWO family members per participant at wrestling invites and swimming triangulars.
- Spectator limits will remain at ONE family member per participant for bowling.
All other prior protocols will remain in effect.
- Masks are required at all Fremont Public Schools venues
- Prior to attending an event, please self assess for symptoms, do not attend if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid- wash hands frequently, social distance when possible. If you have recently been tested for COVID-19 please stay home until test results are known. FHS will sanitize the benches in between games.
- Athletes: Players are required to wear masks on the bench/locker room/hallways/but not when actively participating in the sport (warming-up/competing).
- Spectators/Coaches/Cheer/Dance/Other school or team personnel: Masks are required per the NSAA and FPS policies at all indoor events.
- NO concessions will be provided and NO food or drinks will be allowed in the gyms.
- Household members must sit together, please keep 6 feet of distance between groups. Please abide by our social distancing expectations.
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry. Anyone with a temperature of 100.0° or higher will not be allowed to enter.
- Fremont High School Fans will enter from the North Parking Lot Commons Doors (#5)
- FHS Seating: Fremont Fans will be seated on the West side of the Bahe gym, visiting fans will be located on the upper deck of the East side. Teams will be located on the East side with chairs socially distanced.
- Programs will be available via QR codes only. We will not be printing programs.
- Streaming: Varsity contests will be available
- from FHS https://www.youtube.com/c/fpstigerpride
- A full listing of streamed events can be found on our website.
A full listing of each activity schedule can be found at https://www.heartlandathleticconference.org/public/genie/406/school/1/
The protocol for each sport was developed based on guidance from the Heartland Athletic Conference, NSAA, the National Federation of High School Sports and Three Rivers Public Health. As a reminder, we must also follow the protocols that are put in place at away games. The host school of each event will communicate their protocol to families through the FHS Activities Office.
Scott Anderson, FHS Activities Director, shared, “We will continue to monitor changes from the State of Nebraska, NSAA, Three Rivers Public Health Department and make changes to our protocol as it is necessary.”
The mission statement of the Fremont Public Schools is to produce creative, adaptable, productive citizens committed to lifelong learning.BACK TO TOP